A driver may now sit the TMR motorcycle knowledge test online.
Further information can be found at: http://www.qld.gov.au/transport/licensing/getting/tests/index.html#motorcycle.
Online—class RE (motorcycle) knowledge test
The motorcycle knowledge test (https://www.service.transport.qld.gov.au/motorbikeknowledgeexam/public/Welcome.xhtml?windowId=117 ) is also available online.
You can take this test online if you:
- hold a valid provisional, probationary or open Queensland licence and
- have held a licence of another class (car or heavy vehicle) for at least 1 year in the past 5 years.
You can only take the test once a day, however, a fee is only required when you pass the test.
When you pass the test, you will be given options to pay the test fee (http://www.qld.gov.au/transport/licensing/driver-licensing/fees/index.html ).
You can pay this fee online using a debit or credit card (MasterCard or Visa). Payments made by credit card will incur a credit card surcharge (http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Help/Credit-card-surcharge.aspx).
If you pass and pay for the test online you may be able to have the class RE learner automatically added to your licence and a new licence sent to you.
The class RE learner cannot be automatically upgraded if:
- you have a laminate licence
- your licence is expired or will expire within 6 weeks from the date you pay your test fee
- you have not had a digital photo and digitised signature taken in the last 9 years.
If you want to pay cash, you will need to do this at a driver licensing issuing centre (http://www.qld.gov.au/transport/contacts/centres/index.html ).
If your driver’s licence falls into any of the above three categories, then you will need to go to a TMR customer service centre to have their RE “L” endorsed on their driver licence. You cannot learn to ride until this has occurred.